Date - 19/10/2017
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Do sewing patterns leave you confused and not know where to start?
Do you get baffled with all of the terms and symbols on sewing patterns?
Would you like to learn to follow a sewing pattern in order to make clothes for yourselves and others?
Come and learn all about how to read sewing patterns effectively in this 2 ½ hour interactive workshop.
You will learn:
- How to measure yourself accurately (this is vital in order to determine which size pattern to use)
- How to translate your body measurements and use the pattern tables to determine how which size pattern to cut and how much fabric and notions to buy
- How to select which pattern pieces to use
- Common symbols and abbreviations used on sewing patterns
- How to identify the selvedge and grainline of fabric and layout your pattern pieces correctly on the fabric
- Methods used to transfer pattern markings onto the fabric.
What you will need to bring:
- You are welcome to bring your own sewing pattern along to look at during the class but I will have a selection available for us to refer to.
- Please wear clothing that is not too baggy as this will affect your body measurements.
- Notebook and pen
What is provided:
- Tape measures
- Selection of patterns to refer to
- Handout with key information from the workshop to take away
- Tea and Coffee
There is no actual sewing involved in this workshop. Practical demonstrations will take place throughout the class on measuring yourself accurately, laying out of fabric and pattern pieces etc. The aim of this workshop is to give you the knowledge and skills to be able to get to the actual ‘sewing stage’ of a project and have a go. Further workshops around specific dressmaking skills and projects will be planned for the Autumn.
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more or to book your place get in touch today.