Children’s sewing class – Learn to sew an appliqué cushion cover
Children’s sewing class
Learn to sew an appliqué cushion cover
During this children’s sewing class, they will learn to sew how to use a sewing machine using basic stitches and make an appliqué cushion cover, creating a completely unique item.
For children in Years 5 upwards.
The children will design their own cushion cover using the fabrics available and use the technique of appliqué to create the design. This workshop involves using appliqué to sew pieces of one/multiple fabrics onto a different fabric into a pattern or picture. It is a great project for unleashing creativity and using up fabric scraps. Children will learn how to use bondaweb, how to use a sewing machine to sew basic stitches and how to make an envelope cushion cover
A cushion cover has been chosen for this workshop but once the technique is learnt, appliqué can be used to transform anything from PE bags, t-shirts, jackets….
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and basic sewing tools provided to use.
- All fabric and materials for the project are included (except cushion pad). White cotton fabric for the cushion cover will be provided. A selection of fabric remnants and trimmings will be available to choose from but please feel free to bring your own along.
- Selection of templates to use for the appliqué e.g. letters, shapes etc
- Soft drinks/biscuits included.
Other points to note:
- This workshop can be enjoyed by girls and boys alike. There will be a selection of fabrics available that will hopefully appeal to all.
- Finger guards will be fitted to the sewing machines which help prevent fingers getting too close to the sewing needle
- I have an up to date DBS check.
25/08/2022 – 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM