All About The Sew is committed to processing personal data fairly and transparently and safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users, in line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information that we collect about you when you use our website or make bookings with us.
In this privacy notice, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Lorna Hulme of All About The Sew. For more information about All About The Sew, see ‘How to contact us’.
How we use your personal data
Enquiries and bookings
- Personal data that is provided through enquiries and bookings may include your name, email address, telephone and address. The legal basis for this is a contract so that enquiries can be responded to, bookings are processed and you can be contacted regarding your booking. This data will be stored for a maximum of 2 years. When customers book onto a parent/child class the child’s age and/or school year will also be asked for in order to ensure that the class is appropriate for that child.
- If a refund is required then there may be transaction data collected for example bank account details. All About The Sew will not store these details after the refund has been processed. The legal basis for this is a contract so that your refund can be processed effectively.
- Records of transactions e.g. booking receipts will record customer names and method of payment e.g. PayPal, cash, cheque and will be kept for 7 years in line with HMRC requirements.
- During a workshop you may be asked if you are willing to have digital images taken e.g. photographs, video. This would be for marketing purposes for All About The Sew only and your written consent will be taken. Names will not be used for marketing purposes. In providing your consent you are agreeing that the digital images may be used for use on the All About The Sew website, social media channels and for marketing and promotional purposes. Photographs and consent forms will be kept for 2 years and then either deleted or re-consent may be requested. The legal basis for this processing is consent. You have to right to withdraw your consent at any point by contacting All About The Sew directly.
- Customers may share digital images with All About The Sew. With their consent, these may be shared on All About The Sew social media channels. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
Marketing emails, newsletters and details of events will be administered using a Mailchimp database. Personal data collected for this purpose is name and email address. The legal basis for this is consent. You have the right to unsubscribe at any time.
Who will your information be shared with?
There are a number of organisations that All About The Sew works with in order for the business to run effectively.
Details about the companies are outlined below.
Some of the companies are based outside of the EU. The EU-US Privacy Shield framework protects exchanges of personal data for commercial purposes between the EU and the US. Those companies that are based outside of the EU are registered with the Privacy Shield framework. The US Department of Commerce’s privacy shield website is https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
All About The Sew uses Arden Bookkeeping for their accountancy services who are based in Knowle, Solihull. Their website is https://www.ardenbookkeeping.com
Access to your information
Individuals have the right to access their personal data that is collected, the right to have personal data rectified and the right for their personal data to be deleted. If this applies then please contact All About The Sew using the contact details below. Requests will be responded to within 28 days.
Individuals have to the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if they think there is a problem with the way in which All About The Sew are handling their data. Visit the ICO website for more information https://ico.org.uk .
Privacy notice updates
This privacy notice will be regularly reviewed and updated where necessary. The current policy will always be able to be viewed at https://allaboutthesew.com/privacy-notice/
Facebook Live Sew-alongs – purchasing pattern instructions
When purchasing the instructions your name and email address will need to be entered into the required booking form fields. This is so the handout can be emailed to you. After the transaction has been completed and the handout has been emailed to you, All About the Sew will not use your details for any marketing purposes.
How to contact us
All About The Sew is owned and run by Lorna Hulme.
Unit 1 Chester Court
1677a High Street
Last updated: 11/11/21