Learn to sew a quilted Christmas table runner
Learn to sew a quilted Christmas table runner in this 2 part sewing class.
This sewing class will teach you how to make a beautiful, festive, quilted table runner. It is suitable for those who are both beginners at patchwork and quilting and for those who have previously done my Introduction to patchwork and quilting course. Even for those that can already quilt, it is a fabulous opportunity to enjoy some therapeutic, sociable sewing alongside others and get in the festive mood!
You will learn:
- What materials and equipment you will need in order to make a quilt
- How to cut fabric pieces accurately using a rotary wheel, quilting ruler and self healing mat
- How to cut and sew triangle squares
- How to arrange triangle squares effectively to create different design blocks
- How to piece squares together accurately to make your quilt topper
- How to layer your quilt sampler together to prepare for the quilting stage
- How to quilt your sample with a simple design
- How to make your own quilt binding
- How to bind your quilt sampler using the sewing machine and by hand
- How to sew a perfect mitred corner
The finished size of your runner will be up to you but the maximum finished size achievable would be approximately 130cm x 30cm (51″ x 12″).
N.B. Although this is advertised as a Christmas table runner workshop, designs are not limited to Christmas at all – anything is possible, you choose!
Please have a think about your design in advance of the workshop and try and have a plan before the workshop. This will save time on the day.
In my sampler I used a variety of different design blocks. You could just choose 1 of these and repeat the design or use a variety of designs as I did.
What will be provided:
- Fabric for the quilt backing in white.
- Photographic handout of the skills learnt in the workshop will be emailed to you after the class
You will need to bring:
- 2 packs of fat quarters (I made the sample runner from 1 pack of fat quarters (total 5 fat quarters). I would however, recommend you get 2 packs just in case as it was close!
- Good quality thread
“I absolutely loved making my Christmas table runner, it really made me feel festive. It was so therapeutic and I can’t wait to have it on the table in December. There are so many options for designs, each one can be totally unique. I know it will last for years to come so it’s a great investment in time and cost – year on year you can look forward to getting it out of the Christmas box! I also think this would be a great project for all year round in different fabrics!”
14/11/2022 – 21/11/2022 – 09:30 AM – 12:30 PM