Date - 25/02/2019 - 04/03/2019
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Duration – 6 hours split over 2 sessions
This workshop will run on 2 dates. You must be able to attend both dates to complete the workshop.
Monday 25th February 2019 6.30pm-9.30pm – 3 hours
Monday 4th March 2019 6.30pm-9.30pm – 3 hours
This workshop is suitable for those who have used a sewing machine before, can confidently thread the machine and bobbin and have a couple of sewing projects under their belt. If you need a beginners class or a refresher then have a look at beginners classes available.
Come and learn how to sew a dungaree-style dress – the Tilly and the Buttons Cleo dress
“Cleo is simple to sew, with no fiddly zips and minimal fitting required – hooray! Make it dungaree-style with buckles, or as a pinafore with button fastenings. Choose from mini length or knee length with optional centre-front split, patch pockets on front or back, and contrast top stitching. Wear Cleo all year round, layered over a t-shirt, shirt or sweater – the relaxed style makes it oh so comfortable!”
You will learn:
- How to take essential body measurements and select your pattern size
- How to identify pattern pieces required
- How to lengthen/shorten pattern pieces if required
- How to accurately cut out pattern pieces
- How to identify the grainline of the fabric and lay out pattern pieces correctly
- How to cut fabric accurately
- How to apply interfacing to strengthen garments
- How to top stitch using a twin needle and topstitching thread
What is included:
- Full individual use of Janome sewing machines
- Use of sewing tools
- Selection of sewing threads
- Full tuition to make your garment
- Paper pattern and step by step instruction booklet worth £12.50
- Dungaree buckles if choosing this version
You will need to bring:
- Fabric : –
- Mini length – 1.2m (1 1/4 yds) x 150cm (60″) wide OR 1.8m (2 yds) x 115cm (45″) wide
- Knee length – 1.3m (1 3/8 yds) x 150cm (60″) wide OR 1.9m (2 1/8 yds) x 115cm (45″) wide
- N.B If you are tall you may need to get a little more fabric as you may need to lengthen it.
- Matching thread – there will be a selection of threads available for you to use but feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread
- 2 x 15-20mm (5/8-3/4″) buttons if choosing the button version (dungaree buckles are supplied for other version)
Heavy or medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas.
Please give me a call if you are in any doubt about fabric choices or suggestions of where to buy from.
It is recommended to pre wash your fabric before the workshop as it is likely to shrink a little in the first wash.
Cost £65 – for the 2 sessions.
(This includes a paper pattern worth £12.50 to use in the class and take home with you to use again)
“The Cleo dress is so cute. I have made 3 of these and I think they look great on a whole variety of people. I recommend choosing a contrasting top stitch thread to really add that unique touch to your garment! There are so many options depending on which fabric you choose, go for a classic denim or a coloured corduroy to really go for it!”
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at email@example.com or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.