Date - 17/05/2022
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
1745 Warwick Road, Knowle, Solihull
Learn to sew a piped cushion cover with zip
Take your sewing and cushion making skills to the next level and learn to sew a piped cushion with zip. Learn how to make a gorgeous, professionally finished 40cm x 40cm piped cushion cover. This really is a beautiful project – you will amaze people that you made it!
You will learn:
- How to make piping using ready made bias binding and cord
- An awareness of the technique to make your own bias binding
- How to neatly insert piping into your cushion cover
- How to neatly insert a concealed zip into the seam of the cushion cover
- Tips for a professional finish
This class is suitable for those who are comfortable with the basics of a sewing machine i.e. winding bobbin, threading the machine, basic stitches.
What is included?
- Janome sewing machines and basic sewing tools provided to use
- Handout with instructions to repeat the project at home will be emailed after the class
- Piping, white bias binding and white zip included. (*cushion pad not included*)
- A handout will be emailed after the class in order to repeat the project at home.
You will need to bring:
1/2m woven non stretchy fabric e.g. 100% cotton, upholstery weight fabric (please get in touch if not sure about fabric)
Remnant baskets of fabric shops/department stores are great places for picking up fabrics for cushion covers at reduced price. You could use an old curtain or bed sheet to practice on.
- Matching thread
“Piping on a cushion cover really adds that extra touch and gives a really professional finish. Inserting a zip alongside the piping can be a bit tricky – let me guide you through the process. The finished cushions really do look fantastic – wow your family and friends with your new skills!!”
Bookings are closed for this workshop.
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.