Date - 13/03/2017
9:45 am - 12:15 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Duration – 2.5 hours
This workshop is suitable for those with basic machine skills (thread the machine, wind a bobbin, sew a straight stitch). It is a great introduction to zip insertion and a fab project for using up fabric remnants.
Learn how to insert a zip using a zipper foot and make a gorgeous lined zipped pouch. Choose from 3 different styles and a selection of fabrics to suit your style and the intended use. These zipped pouches can be used for literally anything – stationery, sewing kit, make up, board game pieces, playing cards, jewellery…….
They would make a fantastic personalised gift for someone.
You will learn:
- Cutting out of fabric accurately
- applying interfacing to give structure to projects
- Changing feet on the machine and use of the zipper foot
- Inserting a zip
- Attaching a lining to the pouch
- Top stitching
- Sewing gusset corners if sewing the ‘boxy’ pouch
Equipment and Materials:
Janome sewing machines and basic sewing tools provided to use.
Materials and zip included.
Tea & Coffee included.
***5 spaces left***