Date - 16/03/2019
2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Duration – 3 1/2 hours
For children in Year 4 and above.
Come and spend some quality time with your child on a Saturday afternoon and learn how to make a drawstring backpack together. Encourage your child to be creative, unleash your creativity and learn a fantastic skill together at the same time. The backpack would be perfect for PE, sleepovers, library trips, car journeys, sleepovers, football kit – the list goes on!!!
This workshop is designed to be a joint activity with parents and children – the parent will remain present at the workshop throughout and participate in the activity/be prepared to support their child e.g. using the iron.
How it will work:
- Each parent and child couple will share a machine and make a backpack together under Lorna’s guidance. Tuition on the safe use of the sewing machines will be included and support from Lorna along the way. The parent will be in charge of using the iron and how you share the rest is up to you!
- There will be a break for tea/coffee/soft drinks and biscuits.
- You will learn:
- how to cut out fabric accurately
- how to topstitch neatly
- how to make a lined drawstring bag
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and basic sewing tools provided to use.
- All materials for the project are provided – this includes denim fabric for the bottom part of the bag, a selection of fabrics to choose from for the upper part of the bag, lining fabric and ties for the backpack handles.
- Tea/Coffee/soft drinks/biscuits included.
Other points to note:
- Finger guards will be fitted to the sewing machines which help prevent fingers getting too close to the sewing needle
- Due to health and safety, other siblings will not be able to be accommodated in the workshop area.
- The child will remain the responsibility of their parent at all times.
Cost £35 per couple (i.e. parent/child)
This workshop is fully booked.
To add your name to the waiting list or be contacted about future classes get in touch today.