Date - 17/05/2018
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Duration – 3 hours
This workshop is suitable for those who have used a sewing machine before and can confidently thread the machine and bobbin. If you need a beginners class or a refresher then have a look at beginners classes available.
Quilting and patchwork: an introduction
Come and learn the essential basic skills of quilting and make a pretty patchwork sampler.
You will learn:
- What materials and equipment you will need in order to make a quilt
- How to cut fabric pieces accurately using a rotary wheel, quilting ruler and self healing mat
- How to piece squares together accurately to make your sample topper
- How to layer your quilt sampler together to prepare for the quilting stage
- How to quilt your sample with a simple design
- How to make your own quilt binding
- How to bind your quilt sampler by using the sewing machine and by hand
- How to sew a perfect mitred corner
You will make a quilt sampler that is a 3 X 3 square block (total size approx 11.5″ x 11.5″). This would make a pretty wall hanging or mat to display flowers on/ornaments.
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and selection of sewing tools provided to use – including rotary cutters, quilting rulers and self healing mats.
- All materials included.
- Photographic handout of the skills learnt in the workshop to take home.
- Tea & Coffee included.
Feel free to bring a selection of fat quarters/scraps if you would like to use your own fabric.
“Patchwork and quilting can be extremely therapeutic and satisfying. This workshop is perfect for getting you started and will teach you the essential skills you would need to be able to go on and make your first quilt. Be warned – it can get addictive!!”
Bookings are closed for this workshop.
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.