Date - 25/10/2018
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Duration – 3 hours
This workshop is suitable for those who have used a sewing machine before and can confidently thread the machine and bobbin. If you need a beginners class or a refresher then have a look at beginners classes available.
Learn to upcycle an old pair of jeans into a skirt
Come and learn how to transform an old pair of jeans into a fabulous skirt!
This can be done with both adult jeans and children’s jeans. Are your jeans looking a bit worn, baggy, scruffy? Fancy a change and want to create something completely unique to you? Come and help reduce waste and learn about upcycling!!
You will learn:
- Top tips for how to sew with denim fabric
- How to change needles on the sewing machine
- How to topstitch neatly with topstitch thread
- How to upcycle a pair of jeans into skirt
- Top tips for upcycling
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and selection of sewing tools provided to use
- Selection of ribbons, ric rac etc
- Top stitching thread in a small selection of colours
- Tea & Coffee included
What you need to bring
- An old pair of jeans (adults or children’s) – need to still fit comfortably at the waist
- Optional – feel free to bring along any ribbons, ric rac, patches, buttons, other fabric etc you would like to use
- Optional – top stitching thread to match the stitching on your jeans (I will have some but may not be the same colour). Top stitching thread is slightly thicker than normal thread so make sure it is definitely top sticthing thread. For examples please click here
“Upcycling is becoming more and more popular with people wanting to reduce waste and wear clothes that are completely different to eveyone elses. I loved upcycling the trousers as samples for this workshop. My new denim skirt is super comfy and I love that it is completely unique – no one else will have one!! There are so many options with upcycling – unleash your creativity and imagination!! Sometimes with kid’s trousers, they grow out of the length before they grow out of the waist, especially if the waist is adjustable. Don’t throw them out just yet – get some more wear out of them by upcycling them into a funky skirt. Be warned – this could get addictive!!!”
Bookings are closed for this workshop.
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at email@example.com or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.