Date - 16/03/2017
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Duration – 3 hours
This workshop is suitable for those with basic machine skills (able to thread the machine, wind a bobbin, sew a straight stitch).
Come and learn how to make a beautiful girl’s skirt. By choosing your own fabric you can make your own bespoke skirt for a little one/not so little one! This skirt has an elasticated waistband so no tricky fastenings to deal with. You can embellish your skirt with a trim along the hem to make it really stand out – just see the pictures below for some options.
You will learn:
- how to create a casing for an elastic waistband
- an easy method of inserting elastic into the waistband
- neat finishing of raw edges inside with zig zag stitch
- how to sew a simple double-fold hem
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and basic sewing tools provided to use.
- Elastic for waistband is provided.
- Tea & Coffee included.
- Photographic handout of instructions given to take home to repeat project if desired
What you need to bring:
- 0.5-1.0m fabric of your choice (at least 45″/115cm wide)- cotton or polyester/cotton works best for this project. If in any doubt about fabric choice please contact me so I can advise you further.
- Selection of machine threads available to use but you may wish to bring your own to match your fabric.
- Any trimmings you wish to use e.g. ribbon, ric-rac
- Waist measurements and desired length of skirt of recipient
***1 SPACE LEFT***