Date - 10/07/2017
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Duration – 3 hours
This workshop is suitable for those with basic machine skills (able to thread the machine, wind a bobbin, sew a straight stitch).
Come and learn how to make a beautiful girl’s skirt. By choosing your own fabric you can make your own bespoke skirt for a little one/not so little one! This skirt has an elasticated waistband so no tricky fastenings to deal with. You can embellish your skirt with a trim along the hem to make it really stand out – just see the pictures below for some options.
You will learn:
- how to create a casing for an elastic waistband
- an easy method of inserting elastic into the waistband
- neat finishing of raw edges inside with zig zag stitch
- how to sew a simple double-fold hem
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and basic sewing tools provided to use.
- Elastic for waistband is provided.
- Tea & Coffee included.
- Photographic handout of instructions given to take home to repeat project if desired
What you need to bring:
- 0.5-1.0m fabric of your choice (at least 45″/115cm wide)- cotton or polyester/cotton works best for this project. If in any doubt about fabric choice please contact me so I can advise you further.
- Selection of machine threads available to use but you may wish to bring your own to match your fabric.
- Any trimmings you wish to use e.g. ribbon, ric-rac
- Waist measurements and desired length of skirt of recipient
Bookings are closed for this workshop.
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at email@example.com or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.