Date - 17/05/2018
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Duration – 3 hours
This workshop is suitable for those who have used a sewing machine before and can confidently thread the machine and bobbin. If you need a beginners class or a refresher then have a look at beginners classes available.
Learn to sew with oilcloth
Come and learn the essential skills of sewing with oilcloth and make 2 fantastic zipped pouches
You will learn:
- Cutting out of fabric accurately
- Top tips for how to sew with oilcloth
- Changing feet on the machine and use of the zipper foot
- How to insert a zip into oilcloth
- Top stitching
- Sewing gusset corners if sewing the ‘boxy’ pouches
You will make 2 pouches to take home.
- Your first pouch will be a standard zipped pouch for coins or pencils etc (floral design on the picture)
- Then for your second pouch you can do another standard pouch or choose between 2 other design options – either the standard boxed pouch (pale pink and white spots in picture) or taller pouch with boxed corners at the bottom only (grey and white diamonds on the picture)
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and selection of sewing tools provided to use – including rotary cutters and self healing mats
- All materials included including a small selection of several oilcloths and zips
- Photographic handout of the skills learnt in the workshop to take home
- Tea & Coffee included
Feel free to bring a your own oilcloth/PVC fabric
“I’ve had several people ask me about sewing with oilcloth and how to do it. Once you learn some top tips about sewing with it, you can make a whole variety of projects with it – aprons, tote bags, placemats, peg bags. It’s a great fabric to use as it can be wiped clean. Come along and gian some confidence sewing with this versatile fabric!”
Bookings are closed for this workshop.
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.