Date - 07/03/2020
2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Duration – 3 1/2 hours
Come and spend some quality time with your child on a Saturday afternoon and make a lovely tote bag together. Encourage your child to be creative, unleash your creativity and learn a fantastic skill together at the same time. The workshop is perfectly timed 2 weeks before Mother’s Day – the bag could be made for Mum/Grandma as a beautiful, unique handmade gift or alternatively the child can choose to make one for themself!!
The bag is a perfect size for light shopping trips or for books/magazines/bits and bobs. There is the option of making a fabric stuffed heart that can hang from the bag and dangle outside or stay tucked inside – just a little special touch for Mum 🙂
For children in Year 4 and above.
This workshop is designed to be a joint activity with parents/grandparents and children – the adult will remain present at the workshop throughout and participate in the activity/be prepared to support their child e.g. using the iron.
How it will work:
- Each parent and child couple will share a machine and make a tote bag together under Lorna’s guidance. Tuition on the safe use of the sewing machines will be included and support from Lorna along the way. The parent will be in charge of using the iron and how you share the rest is up to you!
- You can design your own bag using the fabrics available.
- There will be a break for tea/coffee/soft drinks and biscuits.
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and basic sewing tools provided to use.
- All fabric and materials for the project are included.
- Tea/Coffee/soft drinks/biscuits included.
- Photographic handout of instructions given to take home to repeat project if desired
Other points to note:
- There will be a selection of fabrics to choose from – those that would be suitable for either a Mother’s Day present or for a boy or a girl. The size of the bag can be reduced if required. The heart in the bag is entirely optional.
- Finger guards will be fitted to the sewing machines which prevent fingers getting too close to the sewing needle
- Due to health and safety, other siblings will not be able to be accommodated in the workshop area.
- The child will remain the responsibility of their parent at all times.
Cost £30 per couple (i.e. parent/child)
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at email@example.com or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.