Date - 13/03/2021
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Duration – 2 1/2 hours
This workshop is suitable for those who have used a sewing machine before and can confidently thread the machine and bobbin. If you need a beginners class or a refresher then have a look at beginners classes available.
**This workshop will be delivered virtually via the online video conferencing platform, Zoom. If you don’t already have a Zoom account, it is easy to set one up for free (basic package) via their website. Prior to the workshop I would email you the workshop joining instructions. Zoom allows 2 way communication between all participants and myself, allowing questions, feedback, demonstrations and conversation! It’s good fun and a great way to socialise with other people whilst sewing, during this period of lockdown.**
Parent/child workshop –
Learn to sew a tote bag for Mother’s Day
Spend some quality time with your child on a Saturday afternoon and make a lovely tote bag together. Encourage your child to be creative, unleash your creativity and learn a fantastic skill together at the same time. The workshop is perfectly timed the day before Mother’s Day – the bag could be made for Mum/Grandma as a beautiful, unique handmade gift or alternatively the child can choose to make one for themselves!!
The bag is a perfect size for light shopping trips or for books/magazines/bits and bobs.
For children in Year 3 and above.
This workshop is designed to be a joint activity with the adult and child – the adult will remain present at the workshop throughout and participate in the activity/be prepared to support their child with using the sewing machine +/- iron.
How it will work:
- Each parent and child will make a tote bag together under Lorna’s guidance. Tuition on the safe use of the sewing machines will be included and virtual support from Lorna along the way.
- You can design your own bag using the fabrics available – please see options below.
Equipment and Materials:
- A kit containing the fabric precut into pieces and some practise fabric will be sent to you prior to the workshop.
- Photographic handout of instructions will be emailed to you after the workshop to repeat project if desired
Other points to note:
- There is a selection of fabrics to choose from – those that would be suitable for either a Mother’s Day present or for a boy or a girl. The size of the bag can be reduced if required.
- There is a risk of injury when using a sewing machine if fingers get caught by the needle. It is important that children are supervised fully throughout the workshop and that this is explained to them in advance. You can get finger guards that can be fitted to some sewing machines which reduce the risk of fingers getting too close to the sewing needle. This is up to the supervising adult to decide whether or not you wish to use one on your machine and will need to be purchased independently prior to the workshop. If you need any help with this please get in touch.
- All activities undertaken are the responsibility of the supervising adult. All About the Sew accepts no responsibility for injuries sustained during the class.
Cost £25 per couple (i.e. parent/child)
Once the supplies have been posted out, there will not be an option for a refund on the class.
Please let me know:
- Your first choice and second choice fabrics from the selection below
I cannot guarantee that choice will be available so do include a 2nd choice. You can choose separate fabrics for the main bag and straps in you wish – just make it clear on the email as I will be cutting the fabric pieces out before sending them to you.
Once you have chosen please email me at email@example.com.
If you would like to use your own fabric, that is of course fine.
Bookings are closed for this workshop.
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.