Date - 20/01/2018
2:00 pm - 5:15 pm
Knowle Village Hall, Solihull
Duration – 3 1/4 hours
Come and spend some quality time with your child on a Saturday afternoon and make a funky cushion cover together. Encourage your child to be creative, unleash your creativity and learn a fantastic skill together at the same time.
For children in Year 4 and above.
This workshop is designed to be a joint activity with parents and children – the parent will remain present at the workshop throughout and participate in the activity/be prepared to support their child e.g. using the iron.
How it will work:
- Each parent and child couple will share a machine and make a cushion cover together under Lorna’s guidance. Tuition on the safe use of the sewing machines will be included and support from Lorna along the way. The parent will be in charge of using the iron and how you share the rest is up to you!
- You can design your own cushion cover using the fabrics available and use the technique of appliqué to create the design.
- There will be a break for tea/coffee/soft drinks and biscuits.
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and basic sewing tools provided to use.
- All fabric and materials for the project are included.
- Selection of templates to use for the appliqué e.g. letters, shapes etc
- Tea/Coffee/soft drinks/biscuits included.
- Cushion pad is not supplied.
Other points to note:
- This workshop can be enjoyed by girls and boys alike. There will be a selection of fabrics available that will hopefully appeal to all.
- Finger guards will be fitted to the sewing machines which help prevent fingers getting too close to the sewing needle
- Due to health and safety, other siblings will not be able to be accommodated in the workshop area.
- The child will remain the responsibility of their parent at all times.
Cost £30 per couple (i.e. parent/child)
This workshop is fully booked.
To add your name to the waiting list or be contacted about future classes get in touch today.