Date - 13/04/2022
1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
1745 Warwick Road, Knowle, Solihull
Children’s sewing class
Learn how to sew a pencil case
In this children’s sewing class, the children will learn how to use a sewing machine, sew basic machine stitches, apply interfacing to fabric, insert a zip and make a super useful lined zipped pouch. The zipped pouch can be used for so many things – pens/pencils, make up, nail varnishes, sewing accessories, hair bands…literally endless practical possibilities!!
For children in Years 5,6 and 7.
Skills include learning how to insert a zip using a zipper foot and make a gorgeous lined zipped pouch. Choose from a selection of fabrics to suit your style and the intended use. These zipped pouches can be used for literally anything – stationery, sewing kit, make up, board game pieces, playing cards, jewellery…….
They would make a fantastic personalised gift for someone and a fantastic end of year thank you gift for teachers!!!
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and basic sewing tools provided to use.
- All fabric and materials for the project are included.
- Soft drinks/biscuits included.
- Photographic handout of instructions will be emailed following the class to repeat project if desired
Other points to note:
- Finger guards will be fitted to the sewing machines which prevent fingers getting too close to the sewing needle
- There will be a selection of fabrics to choose from. Alternatively if you would prefer to supply your own fabric just let me know and I can give you the dimensions.
- I have an up to date DBS check.
(There is an afternoon Teenager’s sewing class too – 1.30pm-4pm. I will supervise the children during the lunch break at the studio if they decide to come along to both sessions. Please bring a packed lunch if attending both.)
Bookings are closed for this workshop.
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at email@example.com or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.