Date - 08/03/2019
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Alvechurch Village hall, Alvechurch
Duration – 3 hours
This workshop is suitable for those who have used a sewing machine before and can confidently thread the machine and bobbin. If you need a beginners class or a refresher then have a look at beginners classes available.
Learn to sew with oilcloth
Come and learn the essential skills of sewing with oilcloth and make 2 fantastic zipped pouches
You will learn:
- Cutting out of fabric accurately
- Top tips for how to sew with oilcloth
- Changing feet on the machine and use of the zipper foot
- How to insert a zip into oilcloth
- Top stitching
- Sewing gusset corners if sewing the ‘boxy’ pouches
You will make 2 pouches to take home.
- Your first pouch will be a standard zipped pouch for coins or pencils etc (floral design on the picture)
- Then for your second pouch you can do another standard pouch or choose between 2 other design options – either the standard boxed pouch (pale pink and white spots in picture) or taller pouch with boxed corners at the bottom only (grey and white diamonds on the picture)
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and selection of sewing tools provided to use – including rotary cutters and self healing mats
- All materials included including a small selection of several oilcloths and zips
- Photographic handout of the skills learnt in the workshop to take home
- Tea & Coffee included
You are welcome to bring a your own oilcloth/PVC fabric
“I’ve had several people ask me about sewing with oilcloth and how to do it. Once you learn some top tips about sewing with it, you can make a whole variety of projects with it – aprons, tote bags, placemats, peg bags. It’s a great fabric to use as it can be wiped clean. Come along and gian some confidence sewing with this versatile fabric!”
This workshop is fully booked.
To add your name to the waiting list or be contacted about future classes get in touch today.