Date - 20/05/2020
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Duration – 3 hours
**This workshop will be delivered virtually via the online video conferencing platform, Zoom. If you don’t already have a Zoom account, it is easy to set one up for free (basic package) via their website. On the day of the workshop I would email you the workshop joining instructions. Zoom allows 2 way communication between all participants and myself, allowing questions, feedback, demonstrations and conversation! It’s good fun and a great way to socialise with other people whilst sewing, during this period of lockdown.**
Learn to sew a zipped pouch
This workshop is suitable for those with basic machine skills (thread the machine, wind a bobbin, sew a straight stitch). It is a great introduction to zip insertion and a fab project for using up fabric remnants.
Learn how to insert a zip using a zipper foot and make a gorgeous lined zipped pouch. Choose from 3 different styles and a selection of fabrics to suit your style and the intended use. These zipped pouches can be used for literally anything – stationery, sewing kit, make up, board game pieces, playing cards, jewellery…….
They would make a fantastic personalised gift for someone.
You will learn:
- How to apply interfacing to give structure to projects
- Changing feet on the machine and use of the zipper foot
- Inserting a zip
- Attaching a lining to the pouch
- Top stitching
- Sewing gusset corners if sewing the ‘boxy’ pouch
- Supplies:The following supplies will be sent out to you in the post prior to the workshop:
- 2 different fabrics for the pouch – outer fabric and lining
- Zip for the pouch
- Practise zip and practise fabric
There will be a choice of fabrics available – I will be in touch after you have booked with regards to choosing.You will need:Matching or contrasting machine thread
Your own sewing machine with zipper foot if you have one
What else is included?:
- Photographic step by step handout with instructions will be emailed to you after the workshop, to repeat the project at home.
“A lot of people are daunted at the prospect of inserting a zip. This is a great class to have a practice inserting a standard zipper and then put those skills into practice by making a gorgeous zipped pouch. Choose from 3 styles and a whole host of lovely fabrics. This would make a fantastic project to make for gifts, or even just yourself!!”
Once the supplies have been posted out, there will not be an option for a refund on the class.
Options of zipped pouch:
Fabric/Zip colour options:
- Blue cars/pale blue lining with white/royal blue/turquoise/green zip
- Cats and dogs/pale blue lining with orange/blue/white zip
- Navy and red polka dots with white/royal blue zip
- Multicoloured emojis with pale blue lining with yellow/green/turquoise/orange zip
- Grey cars/pale blue lining with white/blue/green zip
- Butterflies/lilac lining with pale pink/coral/turquoise zip
- Pale blue with pink flowers with white/blue/pink zip
- Pink with large flowers/pale pink lining with lilac/pink/coral zip
- Foxes/pale blue lining with blue/orange/green zip
Bookings are closed for this workshop.
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.