Date - 12/04/2022
1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
1745 Warwick Road, Knowle, Solihull
Teenager’s sewing class
Make an upcycled denim bag
In this teenager’s sewing class, they will learn how to transform an old pair of jeans or denim skirt into a completely unique bag. This is such a brilliant way to save old clothes being thrown out – give an old garment a new lease of life and learn some awesome sewing skills at the same time. Skills learnt will include using a sewing machine, sewing basic stitches, sewing with denim, top stitching and attaching a lining to a bag.
For children in Years 8-13.
What you need to bring:
An old pair of jeans or denim skirt. You can bring a couple if you would like to use a range of denim colours.
Equipment and Materials:
- Janome sewing machines and basic sewing tools provided to use.
- Threads, fabric for the lining and optional trims etc are included.
- Soft drinks/biscuits included.
- Photographic handout of instructions will be emailed following the class to repeat project if desired
Other points to note:
- Finger guards will be fitted to the sewing machines which prevent fingers getting too close to the sewing needle
Other points to note:
- There is a selection of fabrics to choose from for the bag lining. Alternatively if you would prefer to supply your own fabric just let me know and I can give you the dimensions.
- I have an up to date DBS check.
(There is a morning Teenager’s sewing class too – 10-12.30pm. I will supervise the children during the lunch break at the studio if they decide to come along to both sessions. Please bring a packed lunch if attending both.)
Bookings are closed for this workshop.
Alternative payment to website payment:
If you would prefer to pay by cash, cheque or BACS payment then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a ring on 07963 734756 with the following details:
Contact telephone number:
Workshop(s) you would like to book onto:
How you heard about All About The Sew:
I will then be in contact with alternative payment details. Please be aware that a workshop place can only be secured when payment is received so please act promptly to avoid disappointment if wanting to pay via one of these methods.Kind Regards
All About The Sew
To find out more get in touch today.